Sunday, January 23, 2011

M. J.Hussain -- The Pedagogue





The world of teaching- learning has always fascinated me and I am thoroughly enjoying it since the last 6 years. I started teaching as a hobby, which grew into a passion and finally became my career.

I have worked at all levels of school teaching and am presently working as a Teacher Educator in a university department. I have been an itinerant lecturer of education and have also been active as a Resource Person for In-service Training Programmes of TGTs, PGTs, and School Headmasters.

For me, the classroom has been a 'fascinating laboratory of life', in which I have kept growing in my ability to understand more about the subjects I teach, more about students and how they learn, and more about myself as a teacher and as an individual.

My chief areas of interest are Teacher Education, Pedagogy of Science, Educational Psychology,and Curriculum Development. In fact, these are the subjects I enjoy teaching. Educational Research and Policy & Planning in Education also interest me.

I develop great enthusiasm for the subjects I teach and strive to communicate in such a way that students are somehow infected with my enthusiasm and are stimulated into learning for themselves. There are times when I face severe setbacks in motivating my students to learn, but I have never failed in doing so! At times, the response that I get from my Students is overwhelming! This is the greatest motivation behind my efforts to evolve as a teacher who is loved and revered by his students.

Although the opportunities I got for learning were not always great, I have found myself always interested in learning; I have had an interest in and respect for diverse ideas. Being a Postgraduate in Botany and Education, I tend to apply scientific method to look into the issues that concern education and society and try to keep myself abreast with policies, issues and latest researches in Education.

I am Cooperative, Compassionate and always open to accept my mistakes [and learn from them]. As regards my weakness, I am very humble and social and at times leave my work incomplete at the cost of helping others.

I love to read literary works [in English, Urdu and Hindi] and Write [Poetry in Urdu and English] in my free times.

I have created this blog with two purposes in mind. First, to create a digital resource on various subjects of education that I teach. Second,to provide an interactive platform for discussing pertinent issues and problems that concern education and society.

All those who are concerned about education and its role in bringing out social change, are welcome on this blog.

Hope I make some sense about the theory and practice of education through the postings on this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Respected Jawaid sir,
    Its feels good to have you on blog...hope we'll have an interactive platform to discuss some concerning issues in education.....
    Regards
    Gaurav Gennial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gaurav 'G'
    Thank u for your nice words!
    Hope you keep in touch through this blog!
    Yours
    M. J. Hussain

    ReplyDelete